Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Whisper

I've got nowhere to go, but I still keep walking...
The night is windy; clouds blanket the sky and hide the stars.
The ocean - choppy, waves crashing on the shore.
It sounds as if though God is trying to silence a restless earth with every "shh!" of crashing waves.
What was once an ocean bordering a sea of beach towels, chairs and people, is now water serenading his love, the sand. Only the occasional passerby and I are witnesses to the power and majesty of their love and passion for one another... this love affair as old as time itself... fire lit by God.
The celestial blanket curls down a bit and from the darkness peaks out but one lonely star. How I yearn to be with her... My Star... My One... My Love!
And if she was here beside me, I would serenade her as the ocean does the sand, and we would sit here beneath the twilight in each others' arms...
The moon peaks out from behind the clouds, awakened by the ocean's song.
She stains the sky around her orange as she ascends from the horizon like a firework in slow motion.
Just as the ocean calls out to the sand, so does the moon to her love, the sun.
She traverses the heavens, day in and day out; loyal, steadfast and patient... and every now-and-then they are united.
And, the universe and its myriad of creatures all stand in awe and marvel at the power of the moon as it cools the sun's ardent passion.
Just as the moon is loyal, steadfast and patient, so am I.
My heart awaits the day that it will be united with another.
All I have is but a whisper of her... On my lips, on my fingertips and in my heart...

© José V. Guerra Awe

1 comment: