Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Daylight Moon

The daylight moon awaits the setting sun, sitting at the bottom of a bowl of blue
Howlers roar, parrots chatter; a sea of endless green in my periphery.
From atop this ancient castle, in the midst of a forgotten Eden, I adore you.
You, oh Moon, who waits with such serenity, in that sea of blue eternity.

I stare into your sky blue iris; the wind singing softly in my ear.
Her verse, an ethereal Acapella, it carries a familiar scent.
This scent, this etching; one without compare
Of two Blue-Morpho eyes that wander, luminescent.

As you do, oh daylight moon, I await the starlit archer
That cupid’s arrows he may aim and fire
Shooting stars that from the bowl departure
Piercing through her whom I desire

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment