Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Conglomerate

"How could we continue to live if we were changeless? To live, we must die every instant."
-Thich Nhat Hanh


My life is built of pieces of castles and huts that once stood within myself...

Buildings that I have toppled over out of necessity,
For they were confining to my true-self; 
Just as an egg-case is to a chick.
I've crumbled them in my own hands, 
Like one does the case of a nut, 
And with great conviction 
I have blown off these carapaces 
To reveal a seed ready to be planted.

I am as ever-changing as a river, 
And every realisation, 
Every revolutionary thought that floods my mind, 
Transforms me.


Master Hanh's words resonate within my mind, 
For my life is a conglomerate of my past...
But this rock will never cease to be destroyed and rebuilt.


© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment