Monday, November 8, 2010

Water’s Edge III: The Coast

As waves sail past the jagged edges of
This headland’s seemingly abyssal cliff
On their journey to the coast
I cannot help but think
How water and earth
Are like fingers intertwined

Solid met by liquid
A striking contrast are the two
And as rock fills the void
Of water’s everlasting hunger
The nature of this Ying and Yang
Unfolds before my very eyes

The very wave that has been
Crashing, deep within my core
Always and forever will be
Transforming and transporting… of Itself
This wave is absolutely… undoubtedly, Me
For I am my own life’s entropy

And the tide that ebbs and flows
That takes and so returns
This collective force
This… brotherhood of waves
Birthed from the same undying fountain
It is… Humanity

For we are all conceived of the same life giving source
Infinitely diverse; but we are All waves
The entropic force of Life
And everything we’ve ever wanted
Everything we’ve ever sought
Always and forever will be… within ourselves

So, Headland turns to Arch
Arch turns to Stack
Stack finds its way back home to sea
Where waves transport it to a distant coast
A new dimension… where in time
Its form will manifest

© José V. Guerra Awe

1 comment:

  1. For me, this poem has several meanings, none of which I can articulate fully. But I will say that this poem is truly unique because the imagery of your words is so vivid that your ideas are carried so easily across them. I can truly identify with the idea of something formless, like waves, propelling us towards a sense of solidarity in response to a concrete world. The eventual manifestation of form is the recognition of self, which in my opinion, is a return to the beginning. Yin and Yang, my friend. The cyclic nature of enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete