Monday, November 8, 2010

Death

This is not a story of sorrow
Or one of termination
This is a story about Awakening
About Impermanence and Freedom

Once there lived within
The deepest caverns of
This ever changing shell
A miser clinging to his wealth

A spellbinding sorcerer was he
That with masterful illusions
Deceived me and convinced me
That he was an immortal

“A god amongst men,” claimed he
To serve him was my only purpose
And for Fear of everlasting torment
I yielded to his bidding

My liege rested
On the seventh day
Of a long and arduous week
And I was free to roam

I trekked through hall and alleyway
Of this labyrinthine necropolis
At the end of which I found a ladder
A wooden marvel shining under beam of light

Though I knew I would be penalized
I climbed as fast I could
And as I reached the summit
Found a door labeled “Perception”

I’d step foot into a new dimension
A haven of Impermanence
Where no one had a Self
And all things inter-were


Walking this new countryside
'Twas there I came to know
A Rider on a pale horse
With whom I reconnoitred

Though he never spoke a single word
I heard his every thought
And before I was returned from whence I came
We devised a freedom stratagem

As I’d afore suspected
My absence did not go unnoticed
And with crack of whip and sound of horn
My vengeful despot cast his curse

But I bore armour of Enlightenment
Spear of Inter-Being
Shield of Impermanence
And Helm of Freedom

It is so that I denounced my Self
And challenged his resistance
His clinging to my life…
A wealth that was always mine to live

And I delivered him onto Death
And with the swing of a merciless sword
My Self was brought to judgment
And it is so that I am onto you a free man

Manifested in the present
Unbound by past or future
Free to Inter-Be
Impermanent and Alive

© José V. Guerra Awe

No comments:

Post a Comment